The Housing Trust had an experienced team that was performing well – but wished to improve the effectiveness of their proactive telephone collection skills.
Clients split into three distinct groups – leaseholders who were very articulate in their demands – current tenants where 70% are currently on benefits – and previous tenants where less pressure to pay was available – tailoring the training was therefore critical.
- •On-site briefing and orientation for delegates
- Design and preparation of the training materials
- Classroom-style ‘arrears collections skills’ training
- Live-call coaching for the collections team
- Live-call coaching skills training for Team Leaders
- Client delighted with how the team took to the programme especially the live-call coaching
- The team now have an established coaching structure in place
- Significant improvements in outbound collections call technique has been noticed – more ‘assertive’ and proactive in their style now – which early results confirm
- Call guidelines now in place to ensure a consistent approach when using the telephone.